Friday, March 23, 2007

Blogging CAN make a diffrence !!

I just saw one of the most impressive stories about how blogging can make a difference.
I was visiting CISCO's website - The Human Network.

And I read this impressive story:
"Earlier last year, I had an idea: build 35 houses for victims of violence in Colombia, which would take up to 200 people off the streets. My goal was to raise the money myself and hire locals to do the work. I created a blog to share information about the project, and soon had up to to 15,000 visitors per month. I raised $170,000, and none of this would have happened without the blog."
Read the full story on Human Network website
It also has a nice video about Dave's story.

And here is Dave's Blog:
http://www.helpdavechangelives.org/

This is really amazing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cesar for your kind words. I'm tracking a lot of hits to my blog from your blog so thanks for the traffic.

BTW I spend some time backpacking around Transylvania 10 years ago and found it to be beautiful and the Romanian people very warm and friendly!

-dave

Cezar said...

Thank you Dave!
chANGELives will be one of my favourite quotes from now on :)