Friday, March 23, 2007

Online shopping

I am a big fan of shopping. I like to buy things.
But I hate traveling from one store to another. Hey... I even hate walking inside the big stores sometimes.

That's why I started to buy online. Because I can find anything I want in one place without even having to walk 10 meters. Hey... I don't even have to get out of home.

Unfortunately online shops are not very developed in Romania. But... as Romanian Internet users are very ingenious ... they found a nice solution for this. It is called okazii: www.okazii.ro

I started using this site about one year ago. In one year I bought from okazii or other online shpos:
- a laptop and everything to go with it: laptop bag, mouse, webcam, headset, etc.
- a jacuzzi machine
- about a dozen books
- super cool sport clothes and sport shoes (I am an NBA fan)
- 3 Mp3 players (I gave 2 of them as a gift)
- a photo camera and a memory card
- 2 mobile phones with all the necessary things (memory card, hands-free, etc.)
- I bought online the plane tickets for all my internal and external flights
- and many many other things

More than half of my non-food shopping in last year was done online.

There are plenty of reasons to shop online:
- you don't have to run from one shop to another
- you have a bigger and more diverse offer
- you can make better comparison between the product/services you want to buy
- you can ask other users for neutral opinions about the product before buying it
- most of the time you can find online products that you cannot find elsewhere
- most of the tings are cheaper and better
- if you did not find anything in the shops you already knew you have to return home empty-handed. Online you can always look for new shops very easy. Just google it :)

It's still almost impossible to buy your groceries online for now... but for the hi-tech and other non-food products, online shopping will be the best solution for more and more people.

Generation .ro is already shopping online! What are YOU waiting for?

No comments: